Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What Should Kester Read? (June)

This month's What Should Kester Read? looks a few selections too long, but with good reason. When my friend and co-worker, Jenn, made her picks for June, she asked if she might have two collections of poetry, given how short each collection was. I was happy to make this concession. She also assigned me Joan Didion, but left it to me to decide which work I would read. I narrowed it down to two and decided that I would begin both and finish one (maybe both). And so...
What Should Kester Read?
  • Averno by Louise Gluck
  • The City In Which I Love You by Li-Young Lee
  • The Oresteia by Aeschylus
  • Underworld by Don DeLillo
  • The White Album by Joan Didion
  • Wittgenstein's Mistress by David Markson
  • The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
What else is Kester reading?
  • The Daily Bible: NIV Version (daily devotional)
  • Moby Dick by Herman Melville (Required Reading Revisited book club)

No comments:

Post a Comment