Tuesday, August 14, 2012

2.0

    Been a couple of weeks since my last post. In that time I have packed up a house into boxes, loaded said boxes into a U-Haul truck, driven said truck from Austin to Abilene, unloaded said truck, unpacked said boxes, settled into Abilene and started my first class headed towards completing an M.Div degree in 2015.
    Given that I am now in grad school and not working full time in a bookstore, there are going to be a few changes to the blog:
  1. What Should Kester Read? will be discontinued for the time being. Much as I enjoyed having friends assign me books to read, I'm about to get reading assignments out the wazoo. What little chance I get to read books unrelated to the classes I'm taking will be books of my own choosing.
  2. What Kester's Reading is going to be overloaded with theology texts. That said, I will continue to write reviews and reflect on said texts as well as leave updated lists as to what I am currently reading.
    Hope you'll keep reading. It's good to be back. As for what I'm reading currently...

Required Reading
  • After You Believe by N.T. Wright
  • The Blackwell Companion to Christian Spirituality by Arthur Holder
  • Holy Conversation: Spirituality for Worship by Jonathan Linman
  • The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis
  • Practicing Our Faith by Dorothy Butler Bass
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook by Adele Calhoun
  • Spiritual Formation As If The Church Mattered by James Wilhoit
Non-required Reading
  • Caliban's War by James S.A. Corey
  • The Daily Bible: NIV Version (daily devotional)
  • A Life-Giving Way by Esther de Waal

No comments:

Post a Comment