Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12-14-11

Given that I have too long book club books to read for January and the time to read more around the holidays, I've decided (with Joe's permission) to get a jumpstart on Joe's January picks. Given that I'm jumpstarting, I'm also rule-bending a bit and allowing myself to continue with what I'd already been reading. Come January 1st, I'll be allowed only remaining January selections (I'm intentionally saving Little Big and Once and Future King for January), book club books, the Bible, and one book of my choosing for every selection already finished. Clear as mud? Good. As long as it makes sense to me. Here's where we stand as of today:


What Should Kester Read? selections (January come early)
  • The Doll's House by Neil Gaiman
  • Fables Vol. 1: Legends In Exile by Bill Willingham
  • Suzy, Led Zeppelin, and Me by Martin Millar
What else is Kester reading? selections
  • Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway
  • The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving
  • Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
  • The Unvarnished New Testament translated by Andy Gaus

No comments:

Post a Comment