Saturday, December 24, 2011

Kester's Best of 2011 (Revised and Expanded Edition)

Earlier today, I posted my Top 10 for 2011, followed by five honorable mentions. Then I promptly remembered two others that were too good to leave out. So. Now. Again. In order:
  1. Pulphead by John Jeremiah Sullivan
  2. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
  3. Galore by Michael Crummey
  4. The Sense of An Ending by Julian Barnes
  5. Crimes In Southern Indiana by Frank Bill
  6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  7. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  8. The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
  9. Townie by Andre Dubus III
  10. Zombie Spaceship Wasteland by Patton Oswalt
  11. Chinaberry Sidewalks by Rodney Crowell
  12. The Geeks Shall Inherit The Earth by Alexandra Robbins
  13. The Pastor by Eugene Peterson
  14. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
  15. The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje
  16. The End of Everything by Megan Abbott
  17. Zone One by Colson Whitehead
  18. The Visible Man by Chuck Klosterman
  19. Reamde by Neal Stephenson
  20. The Informationist by Taylor Stevens
Again, it's worth noting that there are books making a lot of this year's lists that I never got around to reading; Blue Nights and State of Wonder, to name a couple. Habibi, to name a third. And so on. (However, Karen Russell's Swamplandia was one that I read and simply didn't care for.)

2 comments:

  1. I always hate it when people's lists include only one book I have actually read :)

    More books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to know, which one have you read?

    ReplyDelete